Sermon Of The Week:
"Dealing With Doubt"
Your support makes this ministry possible.
You may mail contributions to:
Emmanuel Hill Memorial FWB Church
P.O. Box 3544
Kinston, North Carolina 28501
Online Giving App By:
What Must I Do To Be Saved
Believe that Jesus, the Son of God, died for your sins and was resurrected. Admit that you’re a sinner, ask the Lord to forgive and save you. Repent (turn from your sins). Believe God has saved you and confess
your salvation to others. You will be filled with the Holy Spirit and He will help you live a life that is pleasing to God.
We encourage you to unite with a Christian church where you can grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord and be baptized.
A Prayer For Salvation
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Please forgive me. Come into my life.
I receive you as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of this life.
In the name of Jesus, I pray.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Affirmation Of Faith
We believe that God is the Father Almighty and that He is the maker of Heaven and earth as the scriptures have said. We believe in Jesus, that He is the Christ and is the only begotten Son of the Father. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried. On the third day, He rose from the dead and declared victory over the grave, death and hell. He has gone back to the Father to prepare a place for us in his kingdom. He will come back as He promised, to judge the world and deliver the righteous. We believe in the Holy Ghost, the Christian Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and eternal life for all true believers. Amen.
In order to understand the reason for being water baptized, it's important to carefully consider what the Bible says about it: Jesus himself was baptized. He was not a sinner, yet he humbled himself in obedience to identify with us and give us an example to follow.
Baptism declares that you are a follower of Jesus Christ. It's a public confession of your faith in, and commitment to the Lord. It's the next step after salvation through repentance and faith and is an important foundation for Christian life.
Baptism is a symbol of Christ’s burial and resurrection. Our entrance into the water during baptism identifies us with Christ’s death on the cross, His burial in the tomb and His resurrection from the dead.
It's a symbol of your new life as a Christian. We bury the “old life” and we rise to walk in a “new life”.
Holy Communion At Home
We have provided a simple guide below for Christians who would like to take Communion while staying at home to combat the Coronavirus pandemic.
1. Gather the basic elements: bread or saltines (representing Christ’s body) and grape juice (representing Christ’s blood).
2. Search your heart for unconfessed sin (1 Corinthians 11:23-30). Confess your sin to God
(1 John 1:9). If there is unresolved conflict in your life, seek reconciliation (Matthew 5:23).
3. Prayer Before Communion: Father, we come to you in meekness and humility and with thanksgiving, knowing that we have no righteousness of our own, but because of your grace and mercy, in sending your Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. As we partake of these elements, representing Christ's body and His blood shed for us, we ask that you would bless it and bless us that we might continue do thy will. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
4. Partake of the Communion bread and juice.
5. Continue in prayer as the Holy Spirit leads and give thanks to God for all His many blessings, for the body and blood of the Lord that was shed for you, and the privilege of Communion for him.